1. I saw Van Halen in concert in 1980something.
2. I saw Van Halen in concert last night.
3. I traveled from Utah to San Bernadino with 3 boys and one hotel room.
4. I hopped up the interstate with one husband and 2 giggling tweens.
5. I smuggled 5 joints and a handful of pills proported to be synthetic morphine in my socks.
6. I was stopped and my purse searched and the cops found 2 diapers, wipes, a tampon and cell phone.
7. I couldn’t find anyone to buy me alcohol.
8. I had my choice of wine or beer and I drank it with everybody watching.
9. I smoked all my doobage and popped my pills and danced all night.
10. I had two beers and was ready for bed sometime right after Eddie’s solo.
11. I stood in fear as I watched a young man next to me die from an overdose.
12. I stood with joy as I peered at my daughter through the crowd, dancing to songs that I had danced to, knowing that she was safe.
13. I longed for “some day” where I was sure I would be happy.
14. I longed for yesterday where I was sure I had been happy.
15. I am both of these women, each pointing at the other with envy. I long for tomorrow, I long for yesterday. My present being too much of a mystery to understand.